Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia

Bridge to Terabithia
Katherine Paterson

Newberry Award Winner

Jess wants to be the fastest runner. Not next to fastest, not almost fastest, the fastest. When he is running in the summer, he meets a new girl named Leslie. The next day at school, Leslie races with the boys and wins. Jess and Leslie become friends and create their own secret country, Terabithia, across the stream. Lately, the stream bordering Terabithia has been getting higher and higher, faster and faster, so much that Jess doesn't like to cross it. When he goes away for the day, Leslie crosses the stream by herself...

This is the BEST book I have ever read, and I have read hundreds of books in eleven years. When I saw it, I thought it would be really bad, but it was AWESOME!!!!! It was also the saddest book I have ever read. It is the only book that had ever made me cry. My sumerization is no where near the book, and I would reccomend it to anyone.

If there was a girl racing where the boys were, how would you act? What would you do if she beat you?

What would you get someone for Christmas if you had no money?

If your only friend died, how would you react?

Please give me your comments and answers to this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Corey! This is one of my favorite books too! Did you ever get to go to the movie? I heard it was dissapointingly not at all like the book, but I haven't seen it. In answer to the Christmas question, I would give the gift of my time. I would spend one on one time with that person and give them my full attention. Everyone wants that sometimes...keep up the good reading and reviews and I will try to come back and comment more often!