Friday, December 24, 2010

Tired of Looking at that Leap Day Post? Me too...

...so I am writing a new one! It's a Christmas Miracle! (Well, a Christmas Eve Miracle.)

My Christmas present this year (I kind of opened it two weeks early...but it's okay, my mom told me to.) was an Amazon Kindle and I have LOVED it. Without going into too many details (these details may be in a later product review post coming soon), I read a lot more now that I have all of my new books in one small, lightweight place, so I have decided (once again) to start up this blog! Hopefully I'm not just crying wolf and I will actually keep with it this time...

I should be writing at least two reviews in the next few days (possibly tonight) over Brain Jack and The Maze Runner, two dystopian novels that I very much enjoyed. I am totally hooked on dystopian novels, most likely caused by the Hunger Games trilogy and the book Unwind. Now I have 4 such books on my Kindle, two read and two still to come. I hope you will get the same enjoyment from them that I do.

(Have no idea what a dystopian novel is? This parenthetical paragraph is just for you! A dystopian novel tells the story of the world after it has taken a few too many wrong turns. Sometimes nuclear war has ravaged society, other times a new invention is threatening society. Basically, things are not looking good for the human race or Earth in general. To put it simply, I suppose I should just say a dystopian society is the opposite of a utopian society. Hopefully you get the picture.)

Well, that is about all I have to say at the moment. I think the moment should soon end and a new one will start, and a new post (aside from this one) should spring up shortly.

Happy reading!

No comments: