Monday, January 31, 2011

Book of the Month - January 2011

The Book of the Month award for January 2011 goes to...



...Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith!

As you can tell from my review, I LOVED this book. It was definately creepier than Maze Runner and easily as suspenseful. I probably would tie it with its sequel, Solitary, for Book of the Month, but the award is not Series of the Month, so I will try to keep it at one book. Once again, I need to caution young readers against this book, saying that I would only reccommend it to High Schoolers, but the choice is up to you , not me.

I would also like to add that this month was a VERY hard choice. I may have to start adding a second and third place book if I keep reading this many good ones. When I read The Doomsday Box, I was sure it would be Book of the Month, until I read Everlost, which was good competition. These two narrowly edged those others out right at the end of the month, but I did want to mention them as well.

Please leave any comments on the book, or your personal book of the month as well!

Follow Corey's Book Talk on Twitter!

No comments: